Our Birch tar oil is 100% natural with no additives, we work with local forestry and logging operations and use Birch bark that in most cases is otherwise wasted.
This version of our Birch tar oil is refined down to a consistency that offers best performance for preserving, renewing, and waterproofing leather and wood.
Properties And Uses
- Excellent waterproofing of both leather and wood
- Unique ability to allow leather to breathe while remaining waterproof
- Imparts a unique smoky smell to leather, same smell that Russia leather was famous for
- Lubricates leather fibers and softens / restores
- Increase wear resistance
- Repels bugs, insects, and worms
- Repels most vermin such as mice and rats
- Highly resistant against mold, fungus, rot, and bacteria
- Strong antiseptic qualities, anti-fungal, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-parisitic.
- Can be used to treat wounds, burns, skin ailments and more
- Makes a good insect repellent
Note: This oil will darken leather so spot test if using for that purpose.